Design for (interactively) customizable DSSSL stylesheets

From: David Megginson <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 1997 06:06:18 -0500
Norbert H. Mikula writes:

 > How can I tell the user agent what things are customizable.  I can
 > take the whole stylesheet and make it editable for the user, but
 > that would scare off most of them.

Instead of extending DSSSL (or trying to enforce coding conventions),
I think that the best approach would be to maintain your stylesheet
info in a more constrained, proprietary format and export it to
DSSSL.  As far as I know, this is the approach that most RAD systems
take -- they cannot import arbitrary C++ or Java code.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson                 [email protected]
Microstar Software Ltd.         [email protected]